PDA

View Full Version : Rad!

GameWatchGuy
08-10-2012, 12:15 AM
HI All!

One of my favorite 80's movies of all time. Clcik this link (http://www.fast-rewind.com/making_rad.htm) to see a great 80's movie website that has much info!

RAD (http://www.fast-rewind.com/making_rad.htm)

Brings back the good old BMX racing memories. A fun movie all around. If you haven't seen it go get it and watch it!

You can even get RAD RACING T-Shirts on eBay now. I have one myself but I made it with an iron-on.

Here's some pictures:

~John

Z3ldanator
08-12-2012, 03:50 AM
lol. Someone MADE me watch this like 8 months ago. It was alright once I started watching it.

GameWatchGuy
08-12-2012, 01:47 PM
lol. Someone MADE me watch this like 8 months ago. It was alright once I started watching it.

Did they tie you up? The movie is great! I wish I could still do those tricks (some of em)

I bunny hop and jump little ramps. My boys aren't into it like I was. They are usually stuck on video games or rides that have an engine.

I took my sons bike and bunny hopped it somewhat high a couple months ago and snapped the handle bars.
Not that I'm really heavy now, well a helluva a lot more than when I was a kid... I taught him how I used to ride with the seat really high and the handle bars high up and forward. That's was made it snap because not much of the spindle was in.

~John

Z3ldanator
08-13-2012, 07:04 AM
lol. It was a friend from Cali so anything racing,dunes,skateboarding, surfing... he had a good story for it. NO ropes but he did make me take it home and watch it. Good memories though.

GameWatchGuy
08-20-2012, 09:41 PM
HI All.
For anyone interested this seller will auto-except a $20 offer.

Great movie. I just bought it. I can't wait to see on DVD.

Mostly for 80's freaks that were into BMX racing or tricks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320967127176

~John

Haku
08-22-2012, 05:43 PM
I have Rad on laserdisc :D

That DVD is most likely made from the HD broadcast from 5 years ago as there hasn't been an official DVD release yet.

Other cheesy 80s films involving kids on wheels to look out for:
BMX Bandits
Thrashin'
Gleaming the Cube
The Dirt Bike Kid
Solarbabies

And the 1990 film Prayer of the Rollerboys for good measure ;)

GameWatchGuy
08-22-2012, 05:49 PM

Other cheesy 80s films involving kids on wheels to look out for:
BMX Bandits
Thrashin'
Gleaming the Cube
The Dirt Bike Kid
Solarbabies

And the 1990 film Prayer of the Rollerboys for good measure ;)

Thanks for the list. I will dig into them. I think I saw most but it's been so long it's hard to say.
Ah. I saw Thrashin' on Netflix about a month ago. Pretty good. Make sure to drink an extra beer...lol

That DVD is most likely made from the HD broadcast from 5 years ago as there hasn't been an official DVD release yet.

:eek: Uh oh. I hope it's clear. It's gotta be more clear than my downloaded copy!

~John

Haku
08-23-2012, 12:48 AM
If it's made from the HD broadcast you shouldn't have anything to worry about in terms of audio/video quality :)

GameWatchGuy
08-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Cool. Hopefully it will arrive today. Prolly will watch it if it does.
I'll let everyone know how it is.

~John

GameWatchGuy
09-11-2012, 11:57 PM
HI.

Tip: Don't watch this more than one time every ten years. You might overload on cheese.

Really good otherwise.

~John