Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Raid-Off Game Watch

The Raid-Off Game Watch

HI Everyone. Today's Mega Mega Rare Watch of the Day is the Raid Off Bug Attack.
    Not much known about this one. I haven't even tried the game for more than a minute myself.

After the battery died it didn't want to start up again. I had to disassemble and repair. Basically checking all clearances. If you over tighten any screws inside of a cheap plastic watch it will bulge up the plastic casing causing the distance between the LCD and contact strips to be greater, sometimes making contact not perfect.
    After a full repair and cleaning it is once again going strong. It is an extremely cheap made piece on the inside.

I paid a pretty penny for this but in the day I believe it was a very cheap, like 20 bucks or so, mail in watch from a catalog.
    If anyone has any info or the catalog that it appeared in please post. Feel free to comment about it too!

~John

Click pic:
    raidoff_wow.jpg

Good points about over tightening john! maybe put that in the tips section?

Quote Originally Posted by urbanflyman View Post
    Good points about over tightening john! maybe put that in the tips section?
    Good idea. Maybe and better with a few pics to explain it better.
    ~John

Wow, I had this watch when I was 6 or 7 years old. I remember I paid $15 of Christmas/Birthday money for it. I vaguely remember some sort of cut out coupon from a product or magazine that you had to send along with a check. It was my first ever game watch and I was so excited to get it. I saw one on eBay about a year ago that was brand new in the case and I should have bid higher for it, because I didn't realize how rare it is. Sorry I don't have more details about where it came from.

It's pretty dead in here. I hope people still post on this forum.

After a bit more research:

http://www.liquidcrystal.co.nz/watch...ff-bug-attack/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970s-Vintag...-/251456725795

Great research there Game Watcher
    Info and history for any game watch is a plus for the forum.
    I take it you are looking for one then?

Hi Urban,

Thanks for responding. I'm not really desperate to get one at the moment, but if I find one for a good deal I'll snatch it up and put it in a glass case. I've been collecting Nintendo Game & Watch handhelds for some years, and now that I own all 60 boxed, I've been looking at WWGs. I'm pretty unfamiliar with the market though. I think the Casio WWG series from GZ-1 Zoom N Zap to GS-20 Wind Surfing are really attractive Japanese made WWGs, and I'd love to collect them all. Only thing is, they seem really expensive and hard to come by. The only ones on eBay are out of Egypt, Pakistan, Argentina, Turkey and places like that which are the last places I'd expect to find them. I've checked various auction sites in Japan and they are virtually non-existent. Do you know anything about this series of watches, and why they show up in those countries, but not Japan or the US? Thanks!

Hi Game watcher
    I would post a new thread up asking about those CASIO'S!
    I dont know myself.
    Some WWG's are very hard to find to be honest.I think finding a very rare one, is part of the fun though.

Thanks Urban,

It seems like GameWatchGuy doesn't come here anymore.
    Guess I'll start a new thread later.

Hello there Game Watcher,
    I thought about starting on the Casio collection myself after I complete the set Im going for now. Although I have made a list of the Casio watches with example pictures, the availability and the high prices has made me realize I will likely never collect them. Casio are higher end watches. Plus I would have to have the whole Casio collection and there's a few that are more like a grand or so if it even comes up. (I guess I could probably just pick a couple that I like for example the golf one for sure.) And as far as location for these auctions, could be anyone's guess I suppose. The US and Japan loves their electronics and they might not be coming off of them that often and if they do list it for sale its an appalling amount. Then there are those watches lost in attics, basements, and storage somewhere. Anyways....just my two cents. But patience and cash is key for collecting Casio.