Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slydc's database

Slydc's database

Could this database be put into a separate section on the forum?
    People could comment on which WWG's they have,maybe with a pic?
    It would be good to see what is known to be out there?

This is a very good idea urbanflyman!

But there is at least 300 WWG's out there and the database is growing little by little. This took me at least 15 years
    just to find those. Just an example, until a few months ago, i never i thought i would ever see a Burger Time WWG,
    i simply thought that this one never existed.
    --- Sly DC ---

Ah! Data East's 'Burger time' a known Argade game!
    Top top find Slydc!
    Possibly the rarest WWG!!
    Most classic games we know who created or has the licensing for,but I'm at a loss to 'Jungle kong' who's game is it? HELP!!!!
    3 company's used this game-Trafalgar,Meister Anker and Cresta.All the exact same format! so it must have been a credible offering surely? but by who??
    Arhhhhhhh

Thanks very much urbanflyman!

The Burger Time is almost the rarest but "THE" rarest would be the HOLY GRAIL of all WWG's, does anyone knows which one (company, name and year) ?
    I do because i won one on Ebay very recently...BUT i won't tell or brag until i have it in my hands and that could take a month or two.

Sorry to say that i do not know which Hong Kong company did made the Jungle Kong, Pac-Man, Burger Time, Q*Bert (and Clown), Frogger and many
    others but damn i would also want to know.

* sigh *
    --- Sly DC ---

My knowledge is with Nelsonic watches really and I'm no expert,just interested.
    If your find is something like GCE? I would be lost! lol sounds very exciting though sly!
    Maybe we should call you 'SLY FOX' haha
    Burger time is-Data east,Pac-man-Namco japan or Bally/midway USA,Frogger-Sega,Donkey kong and Mario-Nintendo
    Jungle kong was just a knock off to get around licensing and not a credible argade game.
    Regarding WWG's? in the 80's there was a gap for a kong game! for some reason? Nintendo didnt release one until 1994?
    So 'Jungle kong' maybe the only kong WWG from the 1980's?

Indeed, Jungle Kong is the only known Donkey Kong clone in the 80's while Donkey Kong released by Nelsonic in 1994 is
    based on the Game Boy Color cartridge especially made for the Super Game Boy.

Sly Fox ? Now that's a good one urbanflyman! People will confuse me with Star Fox...LOL!!

If i'm so much lucky, i'll maybe get this "mystery holy grail" WWG next week. The person accepted to ship it
    to my country. Ok, i'll give another hint: not only it was the very first WWG to be released but is also the
    very first WWG multi-games!
    --- Sly DC ---

The Donkey kong watch is a great platform game, but Jungle kong is the only one where you move along, jumping the barrels or fruit in this case! lol

Is it a GCE Sly?

Really ? So you can jump over barrels (fruits) and move along in Jungle Kong ?!!
    Then i WANT ONE!! AArrgggghhh....Well, it is on my want list (on my web site) with some others WWG's.

No urbanflyman, it's not a GCE and not a Casio neither. OK, last hint: It was available in December 1977
    just in time for Xmas and this WWG came out in two versions: gold or silver.

And not to brag but i received it 3 weeks ago and it works great for a 37 years old WWG. =)
    --- Sly DC ---

Yes Kong throws the barrels/fruits and you jump over them(jungle kong) like the Argade game.
    The Donkey watch,Kong still throws Barrels but jumpman just avoids rather than jumps!
    BTW slydc? on your wanted list? where did the pic of jungle kong come from? it is blank by the four buttons?
    On the Trafalgar version,'Trafalgar' is seen there and the Meister Anker version,their brand symbol is in between the four buttons.
    I havent seen this type before?

Oh Brag away! cant wait to see this new watch you have and a story behind it!

Quote Originally Posted by slydc View Post
    Really ? So you can jump over barrels (fruits) and move along in Jungle Kong ?!!
    Then i WANT ONE!! AArrgggghhh....Well, it is on my want list (on my web site) with some others WWG's.

No urbanflyman, it's not a GCE and not a Casio neither. OK, last hint: It was available in December 1977
    just in time for Xmas and this WWG came out in two versions: gold or silver.

And not to brag but i received it 3 weeks ago and it works great for a 37 years old WWG. =)
    1977??? I thought the first WWG came out in 1980. Can't wait to see it!