Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brag of the year (surely!)

Brag of the year (surely!)

Hi folks,

I finally received today my "mystery" WWG that i've brought on Ebay about 2 weeks ago.
    The seller had put a mention "for parts - sold as non-functional" but saw by the pictures
    he posted that the watch seemed ok so took the risk of buying it and the long waiting
    to get it started.

So once i received it today, the first thing that i did was to inspect if anything wasn't
    broken. So far so good, everything is like on the pictures of the auction. So next step
    was putting a battery...nothing. OK so i check the battery connectors and had some
    rust on them, scraped it and reinserted the battery...still nothing. But the plate that
    is holding the battery in place had some slack, so put a very small piece of aluminium
    between the battery and the holding plate and...SUCCESS!! It works!

So here's finally the watch i was keeping a secret until it arrived:

DSCN1270.jpg

Yes, you are not hallucinating, it's a Burger Time WWG!

When i first saw it on Ebay, i thought i was hallucinating. In 15 years of collecting WWG,
    video games, etc...this is the first time ever saw or had proof that a Burger Time WWG
    really exists. And strange, it was released by a company called "Diamant" but it has the
    same type of casing/design than a Nelsonic Super Mario Bros./Zelda/Pac-Man/etc.

Still don't know the year it was released but i am assuming 1983 since the arcade game
    came out in 1982.

Sorry but no time to write, i have some burgers to make! :P
    --- Sly DC ---

HI.
    A huge Wow! Wow! and Wow again!

That's amazing!

This rivals my Jungle Kong, or even better!

You have to make a video. I'd love to hear sound and see it in action.

Also I'd love you to have a spot in the main site where you can showcase it. Just PM me and I'll send details.

A big Congrats to you!

There's gonna be some drool for this one.

Oh, get ya some of this. It works great for a fix on almost any board. It's better than wire glue and more conductive. Place a blotch on negative side of board too. One tube lasts for many repairs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-2ML-New-Si...-/251057286532

~John

Thats fantastic!
    Pleased you got it working!
    Nice one!

Hi John,

Thanks very much! When i saw it, i just HAD to buy it since i also collect handheld games and classic video games.
    I'll put the Burger Time between to my Omni Space Defender and the Nelsonic Pac-Man and all other classic arcades WWG's.

I wished i could do a video of this watch but i don't have any video camera (except for a damn cheap webcam). I'll try to
    borrow the HD digital camera/video of my friend to take better pictures and do a video but i don't know when. You'll have
    to wait for a video, sorry about this.

And thanks about the silver conductive wire glue, i'll buy one in case any WWG brakes in the future.

And here some new pics until i've made a scan of the bezel:

DSCN1271.jpgDSCN1273.jpgDSCN1274.jpgDSCN1275.jpgDSCN1276.jpg

But i have a burning question that will surely never be answered: WHY that Nelsonic never released this watch under their own brand ??!???!
    I could replace the "Diamant" brand name and replace it by "Nelsonic" since it is the same casing/design as many Nelsonic ones. So that leaves
    another question: Did Nelsonic manufactured all their WWG themselves or was it a Hong Kong company ??

Anyone lives in New York city or nearby ? The old office of Nelsonic are still operational but they are under "M.Z.Berger". Maybe someone
    who works there could answer these questions (and others) ?
    --- Sly DC ---

Thanks urbanflyman!
    --- Sly DC ---

Here's a scan (at 600 dpi) of the watch like you asked John:

BURGER3.jpg

--- Sly DC ---

Hi.
    Appearing small still. Maybe the forum downsampled?
    ~John

Good it seems to use Pacman/frogger parts too!
    ~John

DRAT!!! Seems that it was indeed downsampled, the real size of the scan is 891 x 1006.

Ok resized it to 600 x667, hope it says that way:

BURGER3A.jpg

Compared the Burger Time with Pac-Man and Frogger, same thing! (except of course game and bezel)

Ah cr@p! Still resized...i'll send it to your e-mail instead John.
    --- Sly DC ---

Wow! Nice score Sly. You keep making me add stuff to my wish list. I like!