Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know which game watch this is?

Does anyone know which game watch this is?

Hi.
    Found this pic in my pile. I'm not sure what watch it is? It looks like a game watch I have never heard of. Also the one to the right. I can't remember where I got the pic from either?
    Any ideas?

Click to view larger:
    doyouknow1.jpg

~John

What the ... ?!

Now you caught me with my jaw wide open! I have never seen this watch or the package in more than 15 years,
    this is the first time ever! Looks like a WWG that was sold in South America but i can completely be wrong.

The blue boxed one says "Melody Time Watch" but never saw this one either and since it's not a game watch,
    i don't catalog those.

A shame that you don't have the web page about the WWG, put it somewhere on your web site as "Need Infos",
    surely someone out there knows about it...hopefully!

--- Sly DC ---

Hi.
    What might be cooler is the fact that the package shows so many variations, other watches perhaps.
    Lemme dig into this more!

~John

HI.
    Also here's all I know. I tracked down the email. I remember who it is now. I also asked if she could give us a better picture. Hopefully!

She wrote "The one on the red "game watch" card is odd, because it has pictures of all those different screen type and the back seems to like something different entirely. I'd bet by looking at the watch face that it might be a racing game. "

~John

She ? ah-ha!

Do you mean Linda from HHM ? Wouldn't surprise me, she got a freaking hell of an electronic games collection.
    Well, if i'm wrong, then we have to wait for the mysterious "her" to solve that mystery.

--- Sly DC ---

That watch keeps bugging me to know which company it is, so what i did was to enlarge the picture and play with brightness & contrast. It finally shown some details like the watch has red and orange frontplate and if you check the cardboard, there is a car racing screenshot.

Well that didn't gave me a company name or a game name but at least know we can know how this watch looks like:

IMG_0897.jpgIMG_0899.jpgIMG_0896.jpg

In my database list, it is written under:
    [Unknown] Unknown #2 (Nelsonic-type casing) + 198. #?? ....... (Ebay Australia) (Nelsonic Car Racing clone)

At least, it's a step forward to identify this watch & company.
    Last edited by slydc; 08-09-2012 at 05:45 PM.
    --- Sly DC ---

Quote Originally Posted by slydc View Post
    She ? ah-ha!

Do you mean Linda from HHM ?

--- Sly DC ---
    Hi.
    Don't think it was her. It was an ebay member from AU.
    ~John

Quote Originally Posted by slydc View Post
    That watch keeps bugging me to know which company it is, so what i did was to enlarge the picture and play with brightness & contrast. It finally shown some details like the watch has red and orange frontplate and if you check the cardboard, there is a car racing screenshot.
    Hi.
    Don't think it's that one. If it was a Racing game then the closest on the package is this:

watch_zoom.jpg

Oh. She hasn't responded to me yet...

~John

Hi John,

She's an Ebay Australia seller ? Same place where the pictures comes from (taken from Ebay AU - May 2011).
    Indeed, the screenshot doesn't match the background layer but at least it has the same frontplate.

Let's wait and see...
    --- Sly DC ---

Hi.
    Here's a watch similar to yours but blue. I don't think it's related to the original on in that package.

unknownbluegamewatch2.jpg

I remember when this cam eon eBay. The original owner is a good friend now but I didn't know him at the time. He started posting so many auctions I couldn't keep up. Most would end late at night. I did my best to win all I could but there's only so much money and so much time. This was one that I lost that went cheap.
    Another he had that went cheap was a boxed New Sea Ranger. It went for $11.50. I'll never forget that one! I lost it and kicked myself hard!
    ~John