Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Donkey Kong Game Watch Cereal Box!

My Donkey Kong Game Watch Cereal Box!

Hi.
    I put this in the brag section because I think it's a pretty cool item, even though it's not a watch. It's a retro CORN FLAKES CEREAL BOX from the early 90's!

It opens up and idea and a possibility.

Take a look at the watch. Does it exist? Have you seen it? An awesome variation of the DK watch indeed!

Enjoy!
    ~John

dk_cerealBox_1_10000.jpgdk_cerealBox_2_30799.jpgdk_cerealBox_3_14809.jpg

WOW!!!!! I've never seen this cereal box before nor the look of the watch (frontplate).

The only explanation that comes in mind would be this is a prototype that Nintendo had before releasing officially the DK watch like some Nelsonic WWG made for presenting to store owners (like Frogger, Super Mario Bros, etc). You can even see in a Sears catalog prototypes picture of Frogger & Q*Bert (don't remember which year but it was an X_mas catalog - should be 1982 or 1983).

If you want another cereal box which promotes a WWG, here's this one i had:

Attachment 42Attachment 43Attachment 44

I traded it to my good friend Ianoid. I could ask him if he could do scans of the box.

Another cereal Kellogg's Corn Flake promo was "Star Fox". Here a link to a dedicated Star Fox web site: http://www.anthrofox.org/starfox/watch/index.html

So Kellogg's promoted at least Donkey Kong, Star Fox and Pagemaster and some few years it was mini LCD handhelds that were included in the box by Microsoft Xbox and there were two WWG: Robo Blaster and Ninja House...and also by Activision: Guitar Hero - Star Power Meter. Which makes 6 for now. Any others ?

OUPS!! Another addition came in mind: the Tetris watch but seems that i don't have any pic(s) about this one being promoted but it was promoted...humm...now this will bug me until i find it...damn my memory!
    Last edited by slydc; 08-10-2012 at 02:23 AM.
    --- Sly DC ---

YEAH!! Found it!!

NEW_44.jpg

Sorry about the small scan but it is the only thing i have as a proof. At least it won't bug me...LOL!!!
    --- Sly DC ---

HI Sly.

Thanks for the pics. I thought for a second when I read the title you found the actual Donkey Kong watch version that's on the box.

That StarFox box is nice. (Probably worth more than the SF Watch itself) Value has dropped a lot on those in the past years.

~John

Hi John,

I'd wished that i had the DK version on the cereal box.

If you want the cereal Star Fox box, there is one on Ebay right now for $9.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/starfox-nint...item4abab49532

But as i'm writing this reply, there's about only 4 hours left before the auction ends.
    --- Sly DC ---

Thanks Sly.
    Looks like it's not a game watch. f it was the StarFox watch it would be cool. Condition doesn't look to good.
    ~John

That version is more like the jungle kong watch maybe?

Humm...this is weird...it,'s the same maze game that we can see on the antrofox.org web site.

But you are correct, seems that there is mo mention for a Star Fox watch offer on the cereal box.

But as for the Tetris watch cereal offer, i found this:
    NEW-8.jpg

Never saw these kind of cereals in my life, must be sold only in the US.

And for those who still have the Pac-Mania, check this out:

PacMancerealboxflat.jpg

Sigh...never tried those cereals, did they tasted good ?!
    Last edited by slydc; 08-12-2012 at 02:40 AM.
    --- Sly DC ---

Sly. Those are 2 boxes that would be a great add!

If ya see em for sale lemme know!

Thanks,
    ~John

PS EDIT: Ah Sh&*t, I'm collecting cereal boxes now! NuTz...

Quote Originally Posted by urbanflyman View Post
    That version is more like the jungle kong watch maybe?
    HI.
    Similar but the modules are different. The Jungle Kong has a separate module like a pacman watch. The Donkey Kong has a chip/board that is screwed into the watch casing. The LCD's are different too.
    There has to be, or so it would seem, another branding of the Trafalgar Jungle Kong.
    ~John