Thread: Rad!

Rad!

HI All!

One of my favorite 80's movies of all time. Clcik this link to see a great 80's movie website that has much info!

RAD

Brings back the good old BMX racing memories. A fun movie all around. If you haven't seen it go get it and watch it!

You can even get RAD RACING T-Shirts on eBay now. I have one myself but I made it with an iron-on.

Here's some pictures:

rad3.jpgrad2.jpgrad.jpgrad4.jpg

~John

lol. Someone MADE me watch this like 8 months ago. It was alright once I started watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Z3ldanator View Post
    lol. Someone MADE me watch this like 8 months ago. It was alright once I started watching it.
    Did they tie you up? The movie is great! I wish I could still do those tricks (some of em)

I bunny hop and jump little ramps. My boys aren't into it like I was. They are usually stuck on video games or rides that have an engine.

I took my sons bike and bunny hopped it somewhat high a couple months ago and snapped the handle bars.
    Not that I'm really heavy now, well a helluva a lot more than when I was a kid... I taught him how I used to ride with the seat really high and the handle bars high up and forward. That's was made it snap because not much of the spindle was in.

~John

lol. It was a friend from Cali so anything racing,dunes,skateboarding, surfing... he had a good story for it. NO ropes but he did make me take it home and watch it. Good memories though.

HI All.
    For anyone interested this seller will auto-except a $20 offer.

Great movie. I just bought it. I can't wait to see on DVD.

Mostly for 80's freaks that were into BMX racing or tricks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320967127176

~John

I have Rad on laserdisc

That DVD is most likely made from the HD broadcast from 5 years ago as there hasn't been an official DVD release yet.

Other cheesy 80s films involving kids on wheels to look out for:
    BMX Bandits
    Thrashin'
    Gleaming the Cube
    The Dirt Bike Kid
    Solarbabies

And the 1990 film Prayer of the Rollerboys for good measure

Quote Originally Posted by Haku View Post
    I have Rad on laserdisc

Other cheesy 80s films involving kids on wheels to look out for:
    BMX Bandits
    Thrashin'
    Gleaming the Cube
    The Dirt Bike Kid
    Solarbabies

And the 1990 film Prayer of the Rollerboys for good measure
    Thanks for the list. I will dig into them. I think I saw most but it's been so long it's hard to say.
    Ah. I saw Thrashin' on Netflix about a month ago. Pretty good. Make sure to drink an extra beer...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Haku View Post
    I have Rad on laserdisc

That DVD is most likely made from the HD broadcast from 5 years ago as there hasn't been an official DVD release yet.
    Uh oh. I hope it's clear. It's gotta be more clear than my downloaded copy!

~John

If it's made from the HD broadcast you shouldn't have anything to worry about in terms of audio/video quality
    Last edited by Haku; 08-23-2012 at 03:18 AM.

Cool. Hopefully it will arrive today. Prolly will watch it if it does.
    I'll let everyone know how it is.

~John

HI.

Tip: Don't watch this more than one time every ten years. You might overload on cheese.

Really good otherwise.

~John