Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Mario and Super Mario Race for Sale

Dr. Mario and Super Mario Race for Sale

Last edited by Z3ldanator; 08-15-2012 at 11:05 AM.

HI.
    I went up to $125. He wants $179 minimum so far.
    I won't go any higher because there is a good chance they look like this inside and I would open them.
    Actually I think I'm gonna pass...

corroded_watch_batteries.jpg

~John

OUCH!!!! The seller wants $179 minimum for each ?

Pretty high price but they are in mint condition. And John is correct about the battery corrosion since these WWG came out about 20 years ago.
    The only thing you can do with a still sealed item is let it that way since you have a lot of chances that the battery corroded and that the watch
    won't play.

For $179-199 a piece, it's a hefty sum for just displaying a WWG if you ask me.
    --- Sly DC ---

And thanks for the links (no pun intended!) Z3ldanator!

I fetched all the pictures for archiving proposal, especially the Dr.Mario box. I only had a thumbnail of the box.
    Those pics will be also great addition to the online database i'm working on.
    --- Sly DC ---

Quote Originally Posted by slydc View Post
    OUCH!!!! The seller wants $179 minimum for each ?

Pretty high price but they are in mint condition. And John is correct about the battery corrosion since these WWG came out about 20 years ago.
    The only thing you can do with a still sealed item is let it that way since you have a lot of chances that the battery corroded and that the watch
    won't play.

For $179-199 a piece, it's a hefty sum for just displaying a WWG if you ask me.
    HI.
    Yea. I'm kinda glad he declined my 2nd offer. That would have been $260 for 2 possible dead sticks. They probably have a 75% of working I would guess.

I thought the offer was fair though. In an auction that's close to where they would have gone.

Anyone else. John K? Would be a killer add for your collection! At least the Dr. Mario.

I have my eyes on something else!

~John

Hiya!

Well if anyone who will buy one (or two), i just wish the person that it (or they) do work so i'm knocking on wood for the futur buyer!
    --- Sly DC ---

Dr. Mario- Original Gray.jpg

Yea I had to snag one. I got the original gray Dr. Mario they had. I didn't want to wait for a counteroffer. I guess the gray ones for Dr. Mario and such like Super Mario Race are the originals. Then later Mani released different colors with the tie-dye/clear looking bands. I know a few colors they made but don't have a completed list of the color variations.

Quote Originally Posted by Z3ldanator View Post

Yea I had to snag one. I got the original gray Dr. Mario they had. I didn't want to wait for a counteroffer. I guess the gray ones for Dr. Mario and such like Super Mario Race are the originals. Then later Mani released different colors with the tie-dye/clear looking bands. I know a few colors they made but don't have a completed list of the color variations.
    Hi.
    That kinda explains why he might of killed down my offer. He had an instant sale!
    That is a gonna be a cool watch John. I can't wait to see pictures of it. I hope it works. Please make videos of it in action when you get it!

~John

Hi.
    Just notice he had another offer. I bet is was a low ball.

In a way I like low ball offers on my items. Sometimes I ban the user though...lol

Any offer makes it seem the items are wanted more and might go at any minute to a buyer, so it helps to get a full priced sale.

~John

Hi.
    Looks like he finally sold one today. It sold for the amount I offered well over a month ago. I offered $125 and put an offer on 2 of his watches. Would be a quick $250 plus shipping.

Well actually it did sell for more than my offer, by 30 cents. I guess I'll never understand some of these guys...

~John