Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inside the GCE Aracade Time watch!

Inside the GCE Aracade Time watch!

Hi.
    A rare view of the guts of a GCE Arcade time. Not the easiest one to work on but not the hardest either.

I did a sound repair on this by trying different peizo speakers. Still didn't work. I re-soldered original piezo back and when I closed it up it worked. Go figure.

Here's some pics:

inside_GCE_Aracade_time_5_25002.jpginside_GCE_Aracade_time_6_40446.jpginside_GCE_Aracade_time_1_44003.jpginside_GCE_Aracade_time_2_10000.jpginside_GCE_Aracade_time_3_12223.jpg

~John

Very good info John.I ordered some conductive glue too. I'm close to being ready to get some of these GCE watches. They are not cheap either!

Hi.
    $39 bucks when new back in the day. Sure took quite a jump.
    Yea. You gotta get them.
    ~John

Cool to see some WWG guts, this way we can know if there were produced cheaply (like those unknown Hong Kong WWG) or not.

I want to see more guts spilling!! MOU-Ha-Ha-Ha! (evil laugh!...lol!)
    --- Sly DC ---

Hi Sly. Hope the trip was good.
    I don't thing I'll be taking apart the others soon, unless they break down.
    Very interestingly made that's for sure...
    ~John

rws_engineer

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by GameWatchGuy View Post
    Hi.
    A rare view of the guts of a GCE Arcade time. Not the easiest one to work on but not the hardest either.

I did a sound repair on this by trying different peizo speakers. Still didn't work. I re-soldered original piezo back and when I closed it up it worked. Go figure.

Here's some pics:

inside_GCE_Aracade_time_5_25002.jpginside_GCE_Aracade_time_6_40446.jpginside_GCE_Aracade_time_1_44003.jpginside_GCE_Aracade_time_2_10000.jpginside_GCE_Aracade_time_3_12223.jpg

~John
    John, Great Forum, I hope to become more involved in a couple weeks after returning from business. I just wanted to say that the Arcade Time is one of my all time favorites. I have one at home sitting in a nice leather display case. I have to testify that this was one of the most terrifying disassemblies the first time I opened one up. Parts seemed to jump out like a jack in the box. I have spent many hours under the hood of my GCE watches now, but boy was it heart breaking to see those parts fly the first time.

I remember when Toys R Us had them on an end cap with a discounted price of $13.00. They had red marker over the retail $39 tag. Could you imagine seeing an end cap of GCE watches for $13 each now? I also have a nice example of the Sports Time, but have never owned the Game Time. In my opinion the Arcade Time and Sports Time are two of the top 5 game watches of ALL time.

Thanks for the opportunity to talk about this marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by rws_engineer View Post
    John, Great Forum, I hope to become more involved in a couple weeks after returning from business. I just wanted to say that the Arcade Time is one of my all time favorites. I have one at home sitting in a nice leather display case. I have to testify that this was one of the most terrifying disassemblies the first time I opened one up. Parts seemed to jump out like a jack in the box. I have spent many hours under the hood of my GCE watches now, but boy was it heart breaking to see those parts fly the first time.

I remember when Toys R Us had them on an end cap with a discounted price of $13.00. They had red marker over the retail $39 tag. Could you imagine seeing an end cap of GCE watches for $13 each now? I also have a nice example of the Sports Time, but have never owned the Game Time. In my opinion the Arcade Time and Sports Time are two of the top 5 game watches of ALL time.

Thanks for the opportunity to talk about this marvel.
    Hi.
    Thanks. I recognized you right away from PCS. Glad you are here!

You are describing my exact reaction too. Things popping out was the truth. Not too bad after you figure it out I guess. Just so much different than any other watch with a module.

I agree. They are the best and my absolute fav's.

I believe the GCE Game Time has the best games though.

~John

rws_engineer

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by GameWatchGuy View Post
    Hi.
    Thanks. I recognized you right away from PCS. Glad you are here!

You are describing my exact reaction too. Things popping out was the truth. Not too bad after you figure it out I guess. Just so much different than any other watch with a module.

I agree. They are the best and my absolute fav's.

I believe the GCE Game Time has the best games though.

~John
    Thank you for the kind greeting. Who were you on PCS? It has been a couple years since I have visited or contributed on that forum.

After the Armitron, piano, game, calculator watch, the Arcade Time was my favorite. When I decided to collect vintage watches, I decided my goal was to find and collect all the watches that I had as a teen and young adult in the 80's. It took me a few years but my collection became complete a couple years ago. The game watches I had and sought are, the Armitron piano, the GCE Arcade Time, The Sports Time (this watch was my brothers) the TOMY wrist bowling, and the TOMY Martian Wars (I found a version by Argus.) I remember letting fellow classmates play my Arcade Time in 7th grade Civics class. I played my Armitron so hard that sweat wore the paint off the keypad. Back then when they wore out I lost interest, thought of them as disposable and threw them away never assuming that a cheaply made plastic Hong Kong watch would ever be difficult to find or have a value.

When I return from business and vacation I will officially introduce myself and show my game watches. I collected several more before selling them but remembered to take some good pictures before selling them.

Hi RWS.
    Yea. I've seen your posts and I surely thought more recent.

I'm GameWatchGuy there of course.

I'm sure I must've did about the same with my GCE Arcade Time as a kid...

Hell yea! I'd love to see a pic of the Tomy Martian Wars! Can't wait.

Oh. Post other watch pics to. You can create an album or just add to the "NO, It's not a GAME WATCH but it sure is NEAT!" Forum.

Have a good trip!

~John

PS. Cool Avatar!